TimeXtender supports extraction of data from Dynamics CRM 2016 using a custom data source with a separate provider. The provider is downloaded and installed through the Custom Components Setup application.
Adding a Dynamics CRM 2016 Custom Data Source
To add and set up a custom data source using the Dynamics CRM 2016provider, follow the steps below.
- In an Business Unit, right click on Data Sources, click on Data Sources and click on Add Custom Data Source. Add Custom Data Source opens.
- In Name, type a name for your data source.
In Provider list, select TimeXtender CRM 2016 Source.
- In the Setup Property List, make sure Connection Properties is selected. In the box below, enter the connection properties:
- Active records only: If true, TX fetches only active records.
- Connection Timeout: The number of seconds to wait for a connection to be established.
- Organization: After setting the server, user and password it will show an list of available organizations when you click on the <empty> part.
- Password: The password used for authentication.
- Server address: The address of the Dynamics CRM server. It is using the Regional Discovery Service in general this would mean disco.crm.dynamics.com for North America and disco.crm4.dynamics.com for Africa, Europe and Middle East.
If you find the following article you may be unsure whether this provider will continue to work.
That is not the case it will still work with the regional discovery service as explained abowe. The reason being we do not use the regional service like so and specifically point at an organization.
- Use Office 365 authentication: If true, TX will use Office 365 for authentication along with username and password.
- Username: The username used for authentication.
- Use logical name: Use the original object name instead of the label that might have been defined in the system.
- Option text length: The max length set for data types that does not have a maximum length defined.
- Truncate text value: If true, TX makes the data fit the data types by removing any extra data.
- Unicode: If true, text fields will be set to Unicode.
- Click Test Connection to test if the connection properties are correct.
- Click on OK to add the data source. You can then read objects from the data source and add tables as with any other data source.