- You are unable to configure a DSN.
- You are unable to see a previously created DSN in the ODBC Administrator.
- You are unable to see a previously created DSN in TX.
On a 64 bit version of Windows, ODBC connections are separated in bit specific lists. 32 bit applications can only see a DSN created on the 32 bit side of Windows. And likewise 64 bit applications can only see a DSN created on the 64 bit side.
When you access the ODBC Administrator which is by default located in Administrative Tools -> Data Sources (ODBC) you are using the 64 bit version (file located in %SystemRoot%\system32\odbcad32.exe)
- Install a 32 bit version of TX. The bit-version of TX can be identified in the last part of the full version number, as i.e. 126.96.36.199 or 188.8.131.52 for 32- and 64-bit versions respectively.
- Configure the system DSN(s) using the 32 bit ODBC Administrator from Microsoft, located in the following path: C:\ %SystemRoot%\SysWOW64\odbcad32.exe