When tX2012 was released, the latest release of version 4.5 was 4.5.38. Due to this, the automatic upgrade wizard is not capable of upgrading repositories from later 4.5 versions to tX2012.
To handle this situation, we have developed an upgrade script that can upgrade a repository in version 4.5.42 to tX2012 (version 12.4.8). Follow the steps below to upgrade your repository using the script.
If your repository is already on version 4.5.42, you may skip step 1 and 2, and go directly to step 3.
- First the project repository must be brought up to version 4.5.42, since this is the only version that the script above can upgrade.
Download timeXtender 4.5.42 and install it.
- Upgrade the repository to 4.5.42:
- Open timeXtender, if the general settings dialogue does not appear, go to Tools -> General Settings to open it.
- Select the repository database that you wish to upgrade in the dropdown menu.
- Go through the upgrade process, either local or webservice upgrades are viable options.
- Back up the repository database:
- Go to SQL Server Management Studio
- Right click the repository database, select Tasks -> Back up...
- Verify the settings and press OK.
- Apply the script attached to this post:
- Download the attached file.
- Open the file in SQL Server Management Studio
- In the top-left database dropdown select the repository that you wish to upgrade
- Press F5 to run the script.