- Download Discovery Hub.
- When the file has been downloaded, unzip the installation package and run Setup.exe.
If all prerequisites has been met, you should be able to install using the .msi file in the downloaded archive. Using setup.exe is recommended, however, since it checks for the required version of the .NET Framework and installs it if necessary.
- On the welcome page, click Next.
- On the End-User License Agreement page, review the license agreement and select I accept the terms in the License Agreement if you do. Click Next.
- On the Choose Setup Type page, select Typical and click Next.
- On the Ready to Install page, click Install. Windows might ask you to confirm that you wish to make changes to the computer. If so, click Install the software. Wait for the installation to finish.
- Once the installation is completed, click Finish to close the setup program.
- Start Discovery Hub. There will be an icon on the desktop for Discovery Hub that you can doubleclick to launch the program. The first time Discovery Hub is opened it will prompt you for an activation code. Select Activate over the Internet
- If your server is located behind a proxy server you can add the credentials here, by activating the Use this proxy server.
- On the following screen paste or type in your organization's activation code and click Next. This will synchronize with our licensing server and enable all your licensed features of Discovery Hub.
- You will then be presented with this screen. Notifying you that the product have been activated successfully.
- After activating the software, you will receive a warning that the project repository settings are invalid.
Click OK to dismiss the warning, and on the next screen type in the server name that your current project repository resides on. Click the drop down arrow for the Database and select your current project repository. Click OK.
- If you are upgrading, Discovery Hub will recognize the old repository and prompt that it needs to be upgraded to be compatible with the new version of Discovery Hub. It will also show the location where the backup of the repository will be located. Click the Upgrade button.
While it is running a menu prompt will show you the current progress.
- You will then be prompted for the upgrade method. Select Web service.
The upgrade scripts will be downloaded and processed. Discovery Hub has now been installed and the project repository has been upgraded to be compatible with the new version of the software.
- Deploy and execute your project(s) using the new version to have the upgrade reflected in the actual project code. Validate the results before letting your end-users perform reporting on the upgraded projects data warehouse and/or cubes.
Once Configuration is complete you can configure the scheduler service.