The TX repository database settings are stored individually for each user account. Sometimes, e.g. when setting up a new account for the scheduling service, you'll have to change the repository the account uses.
Step by step
You can change the repository settings for a user in two ways. It probably easiest to use TX, but in some cases, e.g. when you can't log in with the user account in question, the second option is useful.
- Log in as the account you would like to change the settings for.
- Open TX.
- Go to Tools -> General Settings.
- Adjust your repository settings and click OK.
Editing the configuration file
The repository information is stored in a configuration file. This file can be edited to reflect the correct repository settings.
- Browse to C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\TX2014 Server\TX2014 Server\version number\ for an account with the correct repository settings.
- Open Config.xml and note the settings in the ProjectConnectionString element.
- Browse to the same folder for the account you wish to change the settings for.
- Open Config.xml and change the repository connection info in the ProjectConnectionString element to match the settings found in step 2.
Instead of editing the configuration file, you can copy the file in step 2 and paste it in step 4. This will, however, overwrite all settings for the second account.
Please note that you must "show hidden folders" to see the AppData folder.
This article applies to: tX2012, TX2014. Last updated: 2014-03-31