Items are very small or are missing from the user interface. Check boxes are the most likely object to not appear properly. This may only happen when logged into a remote desktop session.
Display scaling is set to more than 100%. This issue is common on premium systems or tablets such as the Surface that have displays with high pixel density and non-standard scaling and resolution settings.
The application has limited support for scaling and displays best with scaling set to 100%, which is the default value on most computers.
Option 1: Change Scaling
Ensure that your computer's display scaling is set to 100%.
- On the Start Menu, click the settings (gear) icon
- In Windows Settings, click System
- In the Change the size of text, apps, and other items list, click '100%'
If you are having this issue on a remote desktop connection, this resolution will not work unless you follow these steps carefully:
- Sign out from your remote desktop connection. Simply "disconnecting" will not work. You must find the Sign out option under the start menu or power options and choose that exact option. This is because the connection must be completely reset for the fix to work properly.
- Adjust the scaling on your local machine. As mentioned above, it should be set to 100%
- Reconnect to the remote desktop. The change should take effect.
Option 2: Let Windows Scale the Application
If you need to run with a higher scaling setting, you can also let Windows scale the application. Since this basically resizes the application like you would enlarge a picture in a photo editor, this will make the application look slightly blurry.
- Go to the folder where the application is installed. The default is
'C:\Program Files\Discovery Hub\Discovery Hub <version>'
- Right click 'timextender.exe' and click Properties
- (for Windows 10, click on "Compatibility" tab)
- Click Change high DPI settings
- Select Override high DPI scaling behavior and click 'System (enhanced)' in the Scaling performed by list.