This article is part of a series on How to Configure Your Server for Discovery Hub
This article describes how to provision a TimeXtender Discovery Hub® Application Server from the Azure Market Place.
2. Click GET IT NOW
3. Click Continue
4. In the following screen click Create to get started.
5. In the Create a virtual machine pane you are presented with numerous tabs. Everything you need can be configured on the Basics tab; however, if you require advanced settings such as attaching an existing data disk or special networking configurations then click on each tab to configure those.
6. Refer to the images above and enter the following information:
- Subscription: Choose your Azure subscription you want to the virtual machine to be created in.
- Resource Group: Choose the resource group within the above subscription to provision the virtual machine and its necessary resources.
- Virtual machine name: Enter the name of the virtual machine.
- Region: The region the virtual machine will reside in. If this machine will interact with other Azure resources then place it in the same region as those or close to it.
- Availability options: If you need to replicate the virtual machine for availability then select the options here.
- Image: Use the default TimeXtender Discovery Hub image.
- Size: Default is Standard DS_V2 but you can choose a different size depending on your needs.
- Username: Local administrator username. You cannot use reserved names such as admin or administrator.
- Password: Password for the local administrator account.
- Confirm Password: Confirm the password for the local administrator account.
- Public inbound ports: Choose Yes.
- Select inbound ports: Select the RDP option so that you can remote control the machine.
- Already have a Windows license?: Select yes if you want to provide your own Windows Server 2016 Datacenter license, otherwise leave at No.
7. Click Review and Create when configuration is complete.
8. Click Create once Azure has validated the virtual machine.