AnySource Data Source
With the AnySource Adapter, you can connect to any data source that you have an OLE DB or ADO provider installed for on your server. Instead of waiting on us to create an adapter that enables you to connect to a specific system, you can now acquire a provider from the system developer or a third party vendor.
Adding a AnySource OLE DB or ADO Data Source
The setup for the AnySource adapter is similar for the OLE DB and ADO based adapter. To add an AnySource OLE DB or ADO data source, follow the steps below.
- Open a business unit, right click Data Sources, click Data Sources and then click Add AnySource OLE DB -OR- Add AnySource ADO. The AnySource OLE DB-OR- AnySource ADO window opens.
- In the Name box, type a name for the data source.
- In the Provider list, click the provider you want to use.
- In the property sheet, edit the settings for the connection. See the documentation for the provider you are using for more information.
- (Optional) In Command Timeout, enter the number of seconds after which a command should time out.
- (Optional) In the Use Integration Services for Transfer list, click As Parent to use the same setting as the parent business unit or Yes or No to use or not use Integration Services for transfer, respectively.
- Click Test Connection to verify that the connection is working.
- Click Advanced settings to access additional settings. The Advanced Data Source Properties window opens.
- In the Query Formatting list, type the Prefix, Suffix and Separator used in the source. Click Read Value to fill in the values automatically if possible.
- In the Character Replacements list, you can type a Replace Character to re-place with the Replace Value in data from the data source.
- In the Schema Properties list, type the Schema Name, Table Name, Column Name etc.
- In the Object Filtering list, you can choose to filter the tables you receive from the provider using regular expressions or different string comparisons. Click Table or Schema in the Object Type list, click a filter type in the Filter Type list and type a value in the Filter Value List.
- Click OK to close the Advanced Data Source Properties window.
- Click OK to close the AnySource OLE DB -OR- AnySource ADO window and add the data source.
Note: On other data sources, you can use the preview feature in Discovery Hub to view the content of a table on the source. This might not work on all AnySource data sources since the Discovery Hub does not know exactly what the source is and what syntax to use. However, you can use the query tool to explore the content of a table. See Query Tool for more information.