As your project grows, the increasing complexity can make it hard to keep track of all objects and their dependencies. To help you with this, Discovery Hub contains three visualization features: Data lineage, impact analysis and relation diagram. The relation diagram is only available on tables, while the other types can be used on most objects in Discovery Hub.
The purpose of data lineage is to show you where the object in question gets its data, while the impact analysis feature shows you where the data is used. The relation diagram shows you the relations to and from the table in question.
Showing data lineage, impact analysis or Relation Diagrams
To show one of the diagrams
- Right click on a object, click Visualizations and click on the type of visualization you want to see.
Customizing the Display
In the visualization window, you have different options to customize the display:
- Click an object to have the connections to and from the object highlighted.
- Click and hold on a object to move it around and release the mouse button to place it.
- Click the arrow in the header of an object to hide or show object details.
- Right-click the background in the window to bring up a menu with different options for organizing and displaying the data:
- Click Auto Layout Vertical or Auto Layout Horizontal to make Discovery Hub reorder the objects.
- Click Collapse All or Expand All to either collapse the objects to create a better overview, or expand the objects to see more details.
- Click Zoom In, Zoom Out or Zoom 100% change the size of objects.
- Click Print to bring up a Print window, where you can select print options and print the diagram.