CData Data Source
A CData Data Source uses a provider from CData to connect to a wide variety of data sources. In this section, you can learn how to add a CData data source. For help with configuring the individual providers, see our support site at https://support.timextender.com and CData's help site at cdata.com/kb/help/
Managing Data Source Providers
CData providers can be downloaded and installed from an online library using the Manage CData Providers tool. You can also use the tool to update a provider to the newest version or delete it.
To open the Manage CData Providers tool
- In the Tools menu, click Manage Data Source Providers.
To add a new provider, follow the steps below.
- Open the tool
- Click Add...
- Select the providers you want to install and click OK. The required files will be download and installed.
- Click OK to close the tool.
To update a provider
- Open the tool, select a provider with Update Available in the Status column and click Update.
Note: You can have multiple versions of the same provider installed, but you can only install the newest version of a provider through the tool. To install the new version while keeping the old, do not update the old version. Instead, just add the new version of the provider.
To delete a provider
- Open the tool, select a provider and click Delete.
Providers are downloaded to the folder listed in the Component Path box in the Manage CData Providers window.
To change the component path
- Click ... (browse), navigate to new folder and click OK.
Warning: If you change the component path while you have providers installed, you will have to reinstall these providers.
To add a new data source, follow the steps below.
- Open a business unit, right click Data Sources, click Data Sources and then click Add CData Data Source.
- In the Name box, type the name you want to use for the source.
- In the Provider list, click on the provider you want to use.
- In the property grid, enter the information required to connect to the data source.
- Click OK to add the data source.