This guide will cover how to deploy and configure your environment using the Azure Marketplace App: Discovery Hub and ADLS Gen2, SQL DB, and AAS
The deployment of the Azure resources will vary depending on Azure resource availability. Deploying ADLS Gen2, Azure SQL Single database, and Azure Analysis Services generally takes ~20 minutes. Configuring your Discovery Hub environment generally takes ~30 minutes.
In this topic:
- Deploy Discovery Hub with ADLS Gen2, Azure SQL DB, AAS, and ML
- Configure Accounts and Permissions
- Find the server name
- Connect to the virtual machine
- Configure the Discovery Hub Environment
- Configure the ODX Server
1. Deploy Discovery Hub with ADLS Gen2, Azure SQL DB, and AAS
- Go to https://azuremarketplace.microsoft.com/en-us/marketplace/
- If you are not signed in to your account, sign in now
- In the Azure Marketplace, perform a search for TimeXtender
- Select the deployment option from the search results.
- Scroll down and select Get it Now and then select Continue. You will be redirected to a page that contains a wizard for creating your resources.
- In Step 1 of the wizard, configure basic settings, and then click OK.
7. In Step 2 of the wizard, configure the data storage settings for ADLS Gen2, and then click OK.
8. In Step 3 of the wizard, configure the Databricks settings and click OK.
9. In Step 4 of the wizard, configure the SQL Server’s resources and settings, and then click OK.
10. In Step 4 of the wizard, configure the SQL Server’s resources and settings, and then click OK.
11. In step 5 of the wizard, configure the Azure Analysis Services resources and settings, and then click OK.
12. In Step 7 of the wizard, confirm the summary settings by clicking OK.
13. In Step 8 of the wizard, review the terms of the agreements and click Create to initialize the deployment to the resource group you chose.
2. Configure Accounts and Permissions
Ensure the users, user groups, and service accounts have the necessary access and rights to the new server. Refer to Configure User Accounts & Permissions to view the requirements.
4. Find the server name
1. Once your items have been deployed to your resource group, navigate to the resource group in Azure that contains all of the deployment items. This was assigned when configuring basic settings.
2. While viewing the Resource Group that contains all of your deployment items, find the SQL Server and click on it.
3. Scroll-down the menu bar to find Properties and click on it. Once you click on Properties there will be a field called Server Name. Save this name somewhere safe because it will be needed for configuring your Discovery Hub®
5. Connect to the virtual machine
1. In order to activate and configure Discovery Hub, connect to the application server deployed on Azure. Navigate to the resource group in Azure that contains all of the deployment items.
2. Locate the Virtual Machine in the resource group and click on it.
3. While viewing the page for the virtual machine, click Connect and download the RDP
4. Open the RDP file once it has downloaded and click Connect
5. Enter in the credentials to connect to the virtual machine that you created earlier and click Ok to connect.
6. Configure the Discovery Hub environment
Once you are connected to the Virtual Machine, activate your Discovery Hub instance following the instructions in this article: First Time Set-Up of Discovery Hub.
7. Configure the ODX server
Please see the article, Configure and Manage the ODX Server, for configuring the ODX Server using Azure Data Lake for data storage.