Oracle Database Data Source
Discovery Hub can extract data from Oracle databases.
Adding a Oracle Database Data Source
- Open a business unit, right click Data Sources, click Data Sources and then click Add Oracle Data Source. The Add Oracle Data Source window opens.
- Type a Name used to identify the data source in Discovery Hub.
- If you want to use Easy Connect, also known as "EZCONNECT", leave Easy Connect Naming selected and enter the Server, Port and Service name of the data source.
- If you want to use local naming, i.e. TNS, click Local Naming (TNS) and select the data source in the Data Source Name list, which is sourced from the local
- (Optional) Enter the number of seconds to wait before terminating the attempt to connect to the database in Command Timeout.
- (Optional) Enter the number of seconds to wait before terminating the attempt to connect to the server in Connection Timeout.
- (Optional) In the Use SSIS for transfer list, you can change the default, As Parent, by clicking either Yes or No.
- Type TNS alias, type the alias that identifies the database.
- In the Owner list, click the owner of the database.
- Under Login, click Oracle Server authentication if you want to use this login method and enter User name and password.
- (Optional) Select Convert out of range dates to MS SQL min/max if you want to convert all dates older than January 01, 1753 to 01-01-1753.
- (Optional) In the Character conversion list, select Unicode or Non-Unicode to convert all text to the selected encoding.
- (Optional) In the Provider list, select the provider you want to use. If you leave the setting at Automatic, Discovery Hub uses the best available provider.
- (Optional) Add additional connection strings, click Additional Connection Properties. In the Connection String Properties window, type the connection strings and click OK.
- (Optional) Click Data Extraction Settings if you want to limit the objects brought into Discovery Hub before the data selection stage. For more information, see Filtering What Objects to Extract.
- Click OK to add the data source.