In the ODX, transfer of data between a data sources and the data storage is done by tasks added to the data source.
Adding a Task to a Data Source
To add a task to a data source
- Right click the data source, click Add task and follow the instructions in the Add Task wizard.
Editing a Task
Naturally, you can change the settings for a task after it has been added. This includes some settings that are not available in the Add task wizard.
To change settings for a task, follow the steps below.
- Right click the task and click Edit task. The Edit task window appears:
- In the Name and Description boxes, you can update the name and description of the task.
- Under Task settings, you can change what the task does:
- Synchronize objects and transfer data to storage: The ODX first synchronizes the ODX's list of objects in the data source to see if there are changes. It then transfers data from the data source to the data storage.
- Transfer data to storage: The ODX transfers data from data source to data storage without synchronizing the list of objects.
- Synchronize objects: The ODX synchronizes it's list of objects to see if there are changes.
- Use incremental load when available: If incremental load rules have been added to the source, the ODX will use them when executing the task.
Executing a Task
Executing a task will transfer data from data source to data storage, respecting data selection on the data source and the task itself.
To execute a task
- Right click the task and click Execute. The status of the execution will displayed in parenthesis after the task name in the tree.
Scheduling a Task
You can schedule a task to have it execute at predefined times and intervals.
To schedule an execution of a task, follow the steps below.
- Right click the task and click Manage Task Schedule. The Manage Task Schedule window appears.
- Click Add to add a new item to the schedule.
- In the Start time box, enter the time where the execution should begin.
- Click Run once on this day and enter a date if you want to schedule the task to run just once on a specific day.
- Click Recurring to schedule the task to run a regular intervals. The options are Monday-Friday and the first and last day of a month.
- Under repeat, click Start task again and enter a minute count and end time if you want the task to run repeatedly after first starting.