Notifications on Critical Errors
The ODX is designed to run on a server without user interaction. Once your data sources have been set up and tasks scheduled, data flows from sources to data storage automatically. As long as your data sources stay the same and do not change, there is little reason to open the management interface.
However, this also means that if errors occur, it might take longer before you notice that something is wrong. For this reason, you can set up email notifications to be send out when a critical error occurs. And should you open the management interface when a critical error has happened, it is very visible.
The following is treated as a critical error:
- The ODX cannot connect to the cloud repository
- The ODX cannot connect to the data storage
- The client secret the ODX tries to connect with is invalid
Adding an Email Notification For Critical Errors
To set up the ODX to send an email when a critical error occurs, follow the steps below.
- In the Solution Explorer, right click the ODX and click Notifications on Critical Errors.
- Select Notify by email when a critical error occurs and enter the receipients in the Recipients box. Seperate recipients with a semicolon.
- Under Email server, enter the settings for your outgoing email server.
- Click Test Notification to test if the email server settings are working.