This article describes how to add the TimeXtender Oracle Data Source provider in the TimeXtender Portal and to an ODX instance. This provider contains some tweaks that fix common issues using an Oracle data source.
Adding an Oracle Data Source
This provider is built with a dependency on Oracle's ADO provider, which you will need to install first. See these articles for more information:
After the above components are installed, you can add a new data source in ODX that uses the provider.
- Add a data source in the TimeXtender Portal, and select TimeXtender Oracle Data Source provider.
- Provide a name for the data source and a description.
- Add the name of the Oracle database, as well as a username and password.
- In the Meta section, we have added a new option called Include default schemas. Leave this setting at False to exclude unnecessary schemas which improves performance on data extraction.
- In the Data Conversions section, we have added two other tweaks to the provider
- Out of range date conversion: Set this to MS SQL min/max date to convert dates that exceed the minimum or maximum value supported by SQL Server to the SQL Server minimum/maximum.
- Round number valued: Set this to True to use the Round() function on numeric and decimal values to ensure they fit the SQL Server data types.
- Select Add to save the newly created the data source.
- Open the TimeXtender desktop application, open the ODX from the Solution Explorer, right-click Data Sources, and click Add Data Source to add the new Oracle data source.
If you receive the error below, set the 'out of range date conversion' option to 'MS SQL min/max date'.
System.Data.SqlTypes.SqlTypeException: SqlDateTime overflow
Follow the steps below.
- Click on the data source in the portal, to edit the data source.
- In the Data Conversions section, set Out of range date conversion to MS SQL min/max date