This article describes how to add a Power BI XMLA Endpoint in the portal, and deploy and execute the semantic model from TimeXtender Desktop.
- Login to app.powerbi.com
- Select the workspace where the XMLA endpoint will be deployed to
- Go to Workspace Settings, select Premium per user for the License mode (this requires a Premium per user license), and copy the workspace connection.
- Go to the admin portal and ensure that the XMLA endpoint is set to "Read Write".
Adding an Power BI XMLA Endpoint in the portal
- Go to the TimeXtender portal and add a Semantic instance, and add a Power BI Premium endpoint
- Provide a name for the endpoint, and for the server paste the Workspace Connection from Power BI that was copied earlier. Enter a name that for the Power BI Dataset, and the credentials used to log onto app.powerbi.com (i.e. email and password). Click save.
Deploying the endpoint in TimeXtender Desktop
- Open TimeXtender Desktop, and sign in. Refresh the instances in order to get the newly created semantic instance and endpoint.
Right click on the semantic instance and select Open instance.
- Drag the tables from the Data Warehouse into the Semantic instance. Right click on the instance and select Deploy.
Executing the endpoint in TimeXtender Desktop
- Login to app.powerbi.com and go to the workspace. The dataset should now be available.
Go to Workspace settings
- Under data source credentials, select Edit credentials and enter the credentials for the Data Warehouse.
- Go back into TimeXtender Desktop, right click on the Semantic Instance and select Execute.