Hello Support Team and Community,
I'm a System Administrator. I'm reaching out for help with a licensing issue we've encountered with TimeXtender after updating our golden image.
- VMware Horizon: Version 2303
- SCCM (System Center Configuration Manager): Version 2309
- VDI Operating System: Windows 10 LTSC 1809
- TimeXtender: Version 22.214.171.124
Problem Description: Following a significant update to our golden image, which included various software updates (except TimeXtender), the TimeXtender license is no longer recognized. This update was deployed following our standard procedure via SCCM, without any modification to the PowerShell script used for installing TimeXtender and deploying the
Codeletter.xml license file.
Symptom: TimeXtender is requesting activation, whereas the license file, generated in October for our current version, should be valid and recognized automatically.
Questions for Support:
- License Management: Does TimeXtender use the "hardware ID" to generate the license file? This could explain why the license is not recognized following the creation of a new VM for the golden image.
- License Options: Is it possible to obtain a license that remains valid regardless of golden image updates or hardware changes? Are there different types of licenses that might be more suited to our environment and update methodologies?
- Problem Resolution: Do you have any recommendations, or are there specific troubleshooting steps we could follow to resolve this issue without introducing manual steps into our process, which is currently 100% automated?
- Logs and Diagnostics: Could you please inform us of the location of the TimeXtender logs that could help diagnose the license recognition problem?
- No similar issues have been encountered during previous updates of the golden image.
- The management of TimeXtender licenses is handled by a separate department, with no recent changes in license management procedures.
We are looking for a solution that would allow us to continue to benefit from the flexibility and automation of our VDI environment, without compromising the functionality of our essential applications. We would appreciate any help or suggestions you could provide to resolve this issue efficiently.
Thank you for your support and looking forward to your insights.